I talk about Chakras on a regular basis related to the crystals I often share and talk about here or on the facebook page when sharing new items made and how crystals help in healing, and what energy centres they are linked to. Today i want to share my knowledge of Chakras as don’t think I’ve gone into great detail about them and what they mean.
Chakras are the energy centres in our body, above the body and below. In total in what I know, there are 114 energy centres known as chakras. I work with 14 of them however for today we are going to talk about the 9 chakras, 7 of them well known.
Chakras are the centres in our bodies in which energy flows through. Blocked energy in our seven chakras can often lead to illness, so it’s important to understand what each chakra represents and what we can do to keep this energy flowing freely.
1. Earth Star Chakra – this chakra aligns you with the magnetic core of the earth and sits 12 to 18 inches below the soles of your feet. This chakra is about grounding to the earth and particularly important for everyone but especially for those that do a lot of spiritual work – needing grounding to the earth
2. Root Chakra — Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded. Located at the base of the spine, in the tailbone area and related to survival issues such as financial independence, money and food.
3. Sacral Chakra — Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences. Located just below the navel area. Linked to a sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure and sexuality.
4. Solar Plexus Chakra — Our ability to be confident and in control of our lives. Located at the upper abdomen in the stomach area and related to self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem.
5. Heart Chakra — Our ability to love. Located at the heart and related to love, joy and inner peace
6. Throat Chakra — Our ability to communicate. Located at the throat and related to communication, self-expression of feelings and the truth.
7. Third Eye Chakra — Our ability to focus on and see the big picture. It is between our eyes – (third eye) and related to intuition, imagination, wisdom and the ability to think and make decisions.
8. Crown Chakra — This chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually. It’s at the very top of the head and linked to the inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality and pure bliss.
9. Seat of the Soul – sits at the top of the head or body, and a hands length above the crown chakra. This chakra is about the knowledge of ‘letting go’ and allowing the Divine light of Spirit, and the white ray to fill your life. It’s where we connect with our higher self, and through this develop spiritual abilities.
Each of the chakras in our body has it’s own unique healing colour, which are also the same colours that appear in a rainbow. These pure, spectral colours can be used to energetically influence the senses, balancing the body, mind and soul.
MEDITATION to do:
A powerful meditation that I normally do to help balance my energy centres and chakras, is that I find a quiet place to sit, normally in the morning or late evening when the house is quiet and I’m less likely to be disturbed. I’ll put on some music (your choice or you can do in silence) I often wear my headset with sounds of music and water in the background. I’ll sit, because if I lay down I’ll end up falling asleep.
I then concentrate on my breathing and imagine I’m standing under a waterfall (as I can hear water in the background) and start to imagine the water turning colours. I start with Red which is the root colour, orange related to the sacral colour, then yellow which is the solar plexus colour and then green which is the heart colour, light blue (turquoise) which is the throat colour, third eye which is indigo (dark blue) and Violet which is the chakra colour. I then work with the 8th Chakra above the head and white colour. It can take 20 minutes or more to do this exercise properly and take the time to make sure the colours of water (as that’s my visualisation) cleansing my body removing any blockages and revitalising my centres. I find that if I do this daily (and honestly sometimes I don’t)
I then work with the 8th Chakra above the head – divine love and is a white colour. It can take 20 minutes or more to do this exercise properly and I take the time to make sure the colours of water (as that’s my visualisation) cleansing my body removing any blockages and revitalising my centres. I find that if I do this daily (and honestly don’t always do, I’m more centred, calm, in my body and more aware of my surroundings and more intuitive and in my truth.
Towards the end, I then make sure I close off my energy centres so no external unknown energies can get in to disturb the balance whether it be a psychic energy attack, emotional demands of others or my own emotional mess. I close my energy centres with consciousness of christ symbols (meaning one with the universe and not specifically religion based), I then picture a door at each energy centre that I close and then imagine a long silver strong cord that is through me, centre of my spine, all the way through, to the bottom of my feet, into the ground, deep into the earth and then back up through my feet and bound around my ankles so I keep grounded. Then I place a big white shield over my body like a cloak, followed by a gold shield. I’m then ready to start or end my day depending on when I do this meditation.
Crystals & working with the Chakras
Crystals are very much linked to the chakras as energy based and colour based too. I work with crystals on a regular basis and often hold them related to each centre point if I’m feeling unwell in mind, body and or emotionally. I have clusters or I just have various jewellery pieces made from the crystals mentioned below.
Some of the crystals related to each chakra are the following and we have placed many of these within a few items so it covers all the chakra points. These items are; the crystal bracelet and crystal drop necklace we have available in the store
The crystals used or that we use and have in the store are;
- Obsidian – black crystals associated with below the root chakra)
- Red agate or garnet – root chakra (base)
- Carnelian or orange – sacral chakra – orange
- Tigers eye or Citrine – Solar plexus chakra – yellow/gold
- Prehnite or Malachite – Heart Chakra – green
- Turquoise or Larimar – Throat chakra – light blue
- Sodalite or Lapis Lazuli- Third eye chakra – dark blue
- Amethyst – Crown Chakra – purple, violet fire
- Moonstone or Translucent Quartz – The transcendence & connection to spirit chakra