Visuddha – also known as the throat chakra
I’ve been too quiet. Christmas happened and then we chose to take a long break during our Summer here in Melbourne Australia. We have never taken off the whole month but decided for my sanity and just to switch off too so I could then come back revitalised and have my own Chakras in balance.
So today we talk about the 5th Chakras called the Visuddha. It is one of the higher or spiritual chakras on the “chakra ladder”. This chakra is situated in your neck and shoulders and its colour is blue.
This chakra is about accepting your uniqueness, expressing your authentic voice and speaking your truth.
The energy of this chakra allows you to seek knowledge that is past limitations of time and space and past cultural and family conditioning.
The Throat Chakra if balanced helps you in the way of standing up for what you believe, saying no when you need to and being open and honest in what you say. As the communication centre, it not only allows you to express who you are and what you stand for, but also allows you to listen deeply to another.
A person with an open Visuddha chakra is a good listener, enables another person to have the experience of being heard – one of the most profound human needs.
When the throat chakra is closed off, communication is limited, you have fear, lie, timid, allow others to walk over you even though you may be aware but don’t value yourself. Often physically shows up as a sore throat, laryngitis, cold, swollen lymph nodes etc.
To balance the Visuddha – Throat chakra you can do the following:
- Sing – even if you don’t have a singing voice who cares. Sing along with your favourite music or just hum or even chanting.
- Drink water – yes water is pure. Remember to drink lots of water (not coffee or tea) each day.
- Colour Blue – visualise blue in mediation. Imagine you are standing under a blue (light blue) waterfall and see it cleanse you externally and internally
- Wear blue clothes – need confidence, need to speak clearly, going to an interview or speaking to a gathering or just need to feel strong? Wear blue.
- Crystals – Sodalite, Larimar, Blue lace agate and Aquamarine are some of the main crystals I would recommend to carry or wear as jewellery. Blue Tanzanite as well (not as easily to source but highly recommended) Doesn’t matter where you wear or carry as the energy will travel.
We carry and create jewellery at Positively Charmed Bracelets and Jewels for the Throat Chakra represented by Turquoise and Larimar. If interested just go to our store or send us an email at email@example.com