The 6th Chakra is called the Ajna or also known as the third eye. It’s situated between your brows and often why it’s called “third eye”.
The third eye chakra is about seeing both inner and outer worlds.
The energy of this chakra allows us to experience clear thought as well as aids in spiritual contemplation and self-reflection.
The energy of this chakra allows us to access our inner guidance that comes from the depths of our being. It allows us to see through illusion and to access deeper truths – to see beyond the mind, beyond the words.
The third eye like yin and yang (explanation) is also about developing wisdom that comes from a perspective that transcends the duality of good or bad, black or white. It means seeing and helping others to see the deeper meanings of the situations in their lives. That there isn’t just one way of seeing things. There is always the opposite.
When this chakra is fully activated and working at its highest ability, both hemispheres of the brain (left/right) function in harmony. The right hemisphere’s creativity and synthetic thinking is integrated and balanced with left hemisphere’s logical and analytical thinking. For most people you are either stronger in one side compared to the other however you can be in balance too.
For myself, I work a lot with my third eye, yin & yang and using both hemispheres of my brain and this is evident too within my business as an entrepreneur as 1. I run 3 businesses interchangeably and all reflect using both my left & right sides of my brain.
The Third Eye is not only the seat of wisdom, but also a seat of conscience. This is where you not only see what is going on, but you also know what it means. This is where your sense of justice and your ethics originate.
When your third eye is open, you not only see but you also understand.
When your third eye is blocked, you are feeling stuck, unable to look beyond your problems, not able to see the greater picture lack of clarity and vision, migraines, headaches, fatigue are some of the symptoms.
The colour of this chakra is Indigo.
The sound is OM
The planets linked are; Saturn & the Moon.
The Crystals associated which helps balance and strengthen the third eye and note, not all are blue too, are; Sodalite, Moldavite, Fluorite, Black Obsidian, Amethyst, Larimar – just to name a few. We have a few of these crystals too available in the store and can be custom made into jewellery pieces if not already made.
To improve the Third Eye Chakra any of the following will help;
- Eat clean and healthy with the less processed foods. More vegetables and fruit, less meat and packaged food.
- Just Breathe – be conscious of your breathing and practice deep breathing
- Sitting under the moon (new or full)
- Om meditation. (go to Utube) and just type in Om meditation and either participate or just listen with earplugs so it vibrates through you or try theta or alpha brainwaves music.
- Visualise the colour Indigo. Every morning I meditate to a visualization – standing under a stream of water and it Iiterally doesn’t take me long and picture the water changing colours from the base chakra (red) and going up! We have practised it for so long now that it’s as basic as brushing our teeth. The colours not only wash over us but internally as well. Find a practice that will work for you.
- Be creative – draw, paint, cook, gardening etc use your hands
Soon I’ll be posting on the 7th Chakra known as the Crown Chakra or Sahasrara