The Crown Chakra is the seventh chakra and it is situated just at the top of the head (hence called crown) This chakra connects us with the universe and the divine source of creation. Unlike the other chakras below, this one is linked between the chakras within the body and many above that you may not know of! Did you know there are actually 114 Chakras in total? The Chakras from 1 to 7 are known as 3rd dimensional too and what that means is related to the human or physical experience of being.
The energy of the crown chakra allows us to experience spiritual oneness with everyone and everything in nature and the link between the physical body to the spiritual realms.
The crown chakra is about – beyond the limits of your own ego. It is the way of exceeding the ego and knowing that all of creation is interconnected at a fundamental level. It is the meeting point between the body and the ego & the universe and soul.
When we realize that everything is interconnected and that we are part of the larger meaning of life, we begin to live with gratitude, faith and trust, rather than filled with fear and anxiety.
When this chakra is in balance, we feel connected to our higher selves. We are aware that we are spiritual beings having a human experience. We recognise that the divine intelligence has some control over our lives, and the hand we are dealt at birth. We’re able to surrender to circumstances which are out of our control, while simultaneously making the best of them.
We recognise that what happens to us in life is not meant as a punishment or random coincidence, but a way for the soul to grow and evolve. We have the courage to make choices that align with the spirit, even when those choices might seem inconvenient, unconventional, or ill-advised, from the outside looking in
The colour of the crown chakra is often associated with violet but also can be known as white too.
When the Crown Chakra isn’t balanced, it can be showing as;
- Being disconnected to spirit, constant cynicism
- Disconnection with the body
- Living in your head
- Isolation and loneliness; inability to connect with others
- Lack of direction
- Inability to set or maintain goals
- Feeling disconnected spiritually
Activities that can help balance the crown chakra are;
- Surrender a situation and trust that good will come of it
- Practice gratitude daily
- Meditate regularly – meditate to a visualization – standing under a stream of violet water. Find a practice that works for you
- Wear Violet
- Go on a retreat, get away on a break or even just switching off all technology for a weekend and having a “staycation” if you can’t get away. I find switching off from the external world helps
- Eating wholesome foods, more vegetarian or vegan lifestyle.
- Crystals that help the crown chakra be balanced and healthy are (not necessarily the colour purple too); amethyst, selenite, clear quartz, howlite, lepidolite, sugilite, white calcite – just to name a few. We do carry a few of these crystals in our store too and may be able to order in some of the others. Just ask!
So that is the first 7 chakras that are fairly well known. The next blog will be on the 8th Chakra as we work with that energy a lot, the crystals related and power of this sacred chakra. This chakra also known as the Soul Star.